Who made the final cut? Just 10 companies are still in the running for top prizes in this year’s 20th Annual New Ventures BC Competition, presented by Innovate BC. Want to see who wins? You can only find out at the Awards on October 1st.
2020 New Ventures BC Competition Top 10 Finalists:
In alphabetical order
- ABOzymes Biomedical, Vancouver
- aDolus Technology Inc., Nanaimo
- Castofly Technologies Inc., Vancouver
- Daanaa Resolution Inc., Vancouver
- DivDot, Victoria
- Fable, Vancouver
- Flash Forest, Vancouver
- Rootd, Victoria
- Shop and Shout ltd., Vancouver
- ThisFish Inc., Vancouver
Congratulations to all finalists!
What happens next? In the fourth and final round, each team will pitch to a judging panel of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and investors.
This year our judges will be:
- Natalie Dakers, Entrepreneur, Founding CEO of Accel-Rx, CDRD, and Neuromed Technologies
- Andy Edelmeier, Braemar West Capital
- Bill Tam, Co-founder Digital Technology Supercluster
- Bruce Schmidt, Angel Investor
- David Shore, NVBC Jury Chair, Co-founder Moj.io and CodeZero Technologies
- Geoff Catherwood, BDC
- Jim Fletcher, Angel Investor
- Maria Pacella, PenderFund Capital Management
- Rasool Rayani, Angel Investor and past NVBC Competition Winner (Metalogix Software, 2002)
- Rob Peets, Investment Director, TELUS Ventures
- Zach Jonassan, Managing Partner, Phoenix Venture Partners
Join us and Vancouver Startup Week at the Awards
Want to see who wins $250,000 in cash and prizes? The Competition Awards are happening online on Thursday October 1st. Registration for the Competition Awards opens next week.
We’re excited to be a part of Vancouver Startup Week for the seventh year in a row.