Our Competition finalists have developed a wide range of tech in diverse sectors and have gone on to accomplish big things in BC and beyond. See the list of our finalists here.
Yes you can apply to the Competition in the ideation phase of developing your technology.
If your company has made a significant pivot, changed the business model or is developing a new technology you may make an exception. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your company falls into this category.
Yes, we will refund you.
No, if you have raised more than $1M of non-grant money you are not eligible to enter the Competition. After the Competition application deadline you can raise over $1M.
- Round 1: The idea – eligibility application
- Round 2: Feasibility test – 5 page written submission and 60 second pitch video
- Round 2.5: Pitch – 25 companies pitch their way into Round 3
- Round 3: Venture Plan – 8 page written submission
- Round 4: Top 10 Pitches – 10 minute pitch
See each rounds deliverables details here.
Distance Venture Accelerator Program
- Complete our short application.
- We will review your application and follow up within 1 business day. If we have any questions about your eligibility we will email you for clarification.
- Book a short phone call with our programs team. We will discuss what goals you want to achieve and what type of mentorship you are looking for.
- From there you will be introduced to the mentors we think would be best suited for your venture.
- After meeting with the mentors, you let us know which one you would like to work with. We then onboard you into our program.
The minimum amount of time we ask ventures to commit to is 3 months in the program. However, most of our ventures typically stay in the program for a year.
After applying to the program you have a quick intake phone call with our programs team. In that call based on your venture and the type of mentorship you are looking for we introduce you to the mentors we think would be the best fit for your startup.
Depending on the mentors availability, you are able to switch mentors throughout your time in the program.
Every quarter you review what progress you have made throughout the quarter and do a venture pitch to our mentors and additional guest mentors. The goal of these quarterly reviews is to provide ventures with meaningful feedback and insight.
No, you have the option to present virtually or in person for the quarterly reviews.
The program fee is $150 per month. For our past New Ventures BC Competition competitors, it is $100 for the first three months.