We are pleased to announce our new board of directors, for 2015-2016:
- Bob de Wit, CEO, Greater Vancouver Homebuilders Association
- Todd Farrell, President, entrepreneurship@UBC
- Blaize Horner Reich, Dean, SFU Beedie School of Business
- Steven Lukas, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- Richard Mockett, Partner, Ernst & Young Vancouver
- J. Brock Smith, Professor, Winspear Scholar, Peter B Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria
- Wal van Lierop, President and CEO, Chrysalix Energy
- Michael Volker, President, Western Universities Technology Innovation Fund (WUTIF), & President, GreenAngel Energy Corp.
We would like to thank our outgoing directors for their time and dedication:
- Kip Morison, Chief Technology Officer, BC Hydro
- Richard Sawchuk, Director, Ministry of International Trade
- Daniel Shapiro, Professor, SFU Beedie School of Business
New Ventures BC is looking for a new Program Coordinator
Start date: August 17, 2015
Hours: 32 hours/week
Contract: One year, renewable (subject to funding)
- Manage all communications materials, including but not limited to:
- All NVBC social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- The NVBC Blog and Website
- The NVBC bi-weekly Newsletter
- Help plan and execute program-related events, mentor sessions, intake panels, and other special projects.
- Manage numerous NVBC programs, and partner programs.
- Market our program to potential clients and customers.
- Attend community events to help promote and showcase NVBC within the BC tech community.
- Assist NVBC Program Manager Angie Schick with administrative tasks and projects.
- Junior/Intermediate position with opportunity for experience and growth
- Friendly, outgoing, and comfortable being the “face of NVBC” at community events.
- Very social media proficient (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Slack, etc)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite. Mac and PC. Can troubleshoot most tech.
- Experience with event organization.
- Minimum one year work experience
- Extremely organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Project driven. Flexible schedule, but not afraid to work more than 9-5 when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Have an existing knowledge of the Vancouver Startup scene.
- Self-directed, with excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Creative and innovative, always looking to move NVBC forward.
Please send your CV, cover letter, and expected hourly salary expectations to email@example.com, no later than July 23rd, at 5pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Feel free to share this job posting with your community!
Submission for the 2015 Brand Prize opens on July 6. Sign up to stay tuned. See the 2014 Brand Prize winner.
Skyrocket is giving you the opportunity to win a visual identity and branding system.
What’s the process? Answer four simple questions on the Brand Prize website and you’re in. The contest is open for submissions until August 20th.
Find out more here
When: Jul 14th – Aug 6th, Every Tues/Thurs @ 6pm – 9pm
Where: Launch Academy — #300-128 W Hastings St Vancouver BC
Tuition: $1000 (Early bird) and $1250 (Regular) + taxes
Description: The Lean Entrepreneur Program provides first-time entrepreneurs and career-changers with the best practices for building a lean startup. This program focuses on what’s essential to you in your first six months of your startup journey, covering topics from validating an idea to acquiring your first customer. For more info on how to apply, including financing options, click here.
Join Catapult YVR for a very special session designed specially with innovators in mind.
If you’re interested in learning tools to enable you and your team to think differently, running a productive ideation process, and breaking the model this event is for you.
Their aim is to equip you to move fast and break things.
A ‘Wall Jam’ is a unique way of visually communicating ideas and is intended to transcend typical ‘brainstorming’ and ‘mind mapping’ practices. In place of typical whiteboards and papers, ideas are drawn or painted directly on to clean walls.
The Art of Leadership fuels the passion that drives the most innovative and successful leaders in Canada. The Art of Leadership conference sets out to provide the inspiration, education and connections that leaders require to transform their organizations. On September 14th over 1,200 professionals will gather at the Vancouver Convention Centre to gain insight and learn cutting edge techniques from 5 New York Times Bestselling authors and world-renowned thought leaders.
Click here to learn more.
The Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC) now welcomes entrepreneurs to submit applications to participate in the Green and Digital Demonstration Program (GDDP).
The GDDP helps support innovators in the clean tech and digital/ICT sectors, by providing participants with access to City-owned assets for technology demonstrations and proof-of-concept trials. The ‘spirit’ or intent of the program is to accelerate both local job growth and the path to market for exciting new products/solutions, while saving entrepreneurs valuable time and money.
In this two hour beginner’s session, newcomers will learn how to break into the exciting world of tech, including crucial first steps for building a startup, an overview of the startup ecosystem, as well as an introduction to resources and services available at Launch Academy. Perfect for first-time entrepreneurs, career-changers and the tech-curious!
Bring your startup ideas and questions!
Click here to register.
Startups and small technology companies in BC can now access innovative talent at an affordable cost through the BC Tech Co-op Grants Program.