RetreatsAndVenues Emerges Victorious in the 2023 New Ventures BC Competition
● The B2B Marketplace took home the $110,000 Innovate BC First Prize Package
● Competition finalists competed for $250,000 in cash and prizes
Vancouver, BC, October 3, 2023 – RetreatsAndVenues, an innovative platform that’s revolutionizing the corporate retreat and offsite venue booking experience, won the top prize in the 2023 New Ventures BC Competition, presented by Innovate BC. The North Van startup outlasted 203 other startups en route to earning $110,000 and the title of the province’s top startup.
RetreatsAndVenues offers a meticulously curated online marketplace featuring over 4,200 retreat venues spanning across 120 countries. Their comprehensive solution empowers businesses seeking the perfect venue for their corporate retreats and offsite gatherings. With a user-friendly interface and an abundance of filter criteria, retreat leaders can make well-informed booking decisions while saving valuable time and money.
BrowseAI, a platform that enables non-technical users to transform any website into a spreadsheet or data pipeline, took home the $60,000 Innovate BC Second Place Prize Package. Blanka, a comprehensive wholesale hub and fulfilment partner for branded beauty products, won the Innovate BC $35,000 Third Place Prize.
The competition, which just completed its 23rd consecutive year, brings together the province’s top startups who receive access to education, mentorship, and $250,000 in cash and prizes. To date the competition has supported over 3,500 companies that have created more than 9,000 jobs, and raised over $1.5 billion in financing.
In addition to the top three prizes, six additional companies were recognized for their achievements across a range of categories:
● $10,000 Innovate BC Sustainability Prize went to Viridis Research, a watertech startup developing groundbreaking technologies that eliminate organic pollutants from water.
● $10,000 Innovate BC Regional Startup Prize went to Joni (Victoria), a 21st-century period care brand that’s increasing access to sustainable menstrual products.
● $10,000 Innovate BC Woman-Led Venture Award went to Ginger Desk, a healthtech startup providing on-demand, pre-trained professional virtual admin (VA) support specifically designed for allied health practitioners.
● $10,000 National Bank of Canada Leap to the Cloud Prize went to Leasey.AI, a platform that enables property managers to streamline and automate the residential leasing process.
● $5,500 Luminaries Diamond-in-the-Rough Award went to Seleste, a wearables startup empowering people with vision loss.