Why enter? Participating ventures get education, feedback, and great networking opportunities. Our top 25 companies receive mentorship plus additional exposure and recognition as a venture to watch.
With the support of our sponsors plus the accelerator and tech community, the competition attracts the best tech startups in British Columbia.
Deadline for entries is April 14, 11:59pm.
Your $200 entry fee includes entry to the New Ventures 2016 Education series.
New prizes this year
We’re excited to announce over $35,000 in new cash and in kind prizes for this year, including:
- The Progressa $18,000 FinTech Prize Package – $15,000 cash to the most promising FinTech Company, plus $3,000 in-kind services, including 6-month of office space and mentorship from Progressa’s CEO and CTO
- New and valuable in-kind services to our top winners, including a $10,000 video production credit from PUSHR, $9,000 in co-working space credits from SpaceKraft, and more
2016 Returning Prizes
- BCIC $110,000 First Prize Package including $80,000 cash, and generous in-kind services from Fasken Martineau, Ernst & Young, and our many bronze sponsors
- BCIC $60,000 Second Prize Package
- BCIC $35,000 Third Prize Package
- BC Resource & Cleantech Industry $22,000 Prize Package
- $16,000 Vancity Social Venture Prize Package
- $10,000 City Innovation Prize
- $20,000 BC Bioenergy Network Prize*
- Accelerator prizes from Wavefront, the Centre4Growth, and Plug and Play Tech Center
(*pending final funding confirmation)
Register for our education series and networking events
But the BCIC-New Ventures Competition is a lot more than a contest. There are opportunities to get involved in our programs now:
- 9-week Education Series starts March 30th – we have 12 seminars and workshops this year. Open to everyone, and free for all 2016 Competitors, volunteers, and students. Ask us for a free pass to one seminar if you want to see what they’re all about.
- Kick-off Networking Event April 12th – not sure if you want to enter? Attend and learn more.
We’re getting excited about the 2016 Competition and hope you are too.