Companies that had competed and succeeded in the New Ventures BC Competition as far back as 2003, made up for 43% of the companies on their Emerging Rockets lists and 28% of the companies on the Ready to Rocket lists.
Here are more specific statistics related to competition alumni and Rocket Builders’ 2013 lists:
- 25% of the selections for the ICT Emerging Rockets list (6 of 24) including 2012 winners MediaCore and myBestHelper.
- 15% of the selections for the ICT Ready to Rocket list (4 of 26) including 2011 winner RewardLoop.
- 83% of the selections for the Cleantech Emerging Rockets (10 of 12).
- 43% of the selections for the Cleantech Ready to Rocket list (6 of 14) including prize winners Energy Aware (2006), Pulse Energy (2008), Quadrogen (2010), Saltworks (2008), and Solegear (2010).
- 40% of the selections for the Life Science Emerging Rockets (4 of 10) including 2009 prize winner Lungpacer Medical
- 40% of the selections for the Life Science Ready to Rocket list (4 of 10) including prize winners and top ten finalists Augurex Life Sciences (2007), GenoLogics (2003), LightIntegra Technology (2009), and SemiosBIO Technologies