The Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum and New Ventures BC are two non-profit organizations within BC’s technology ecosystem looking for a team member to support our organizations’ event and marketing initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to make an impact working with two organizations in a similar role.
This is a remote-first contract-role.
Applicants may apply via email to email@example.com with their resume, cover letter and link to writing or digital campaign portfolio.
Deadline to apply: Thursday, September 1st, 2022
VEF - Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum
The Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum (VEF) is an online and offline platform for entrepreneurs within the technology realm. Our mission is to bring sponsors, speakers, members and partners together in a fun, relevant and vibrant event each month, designed to stimulate ideas, conversations and connections.
Event Management & Marketing
- Overall event set-up, including booking the venue, catering & AV. Events may be hybrid, with in-person and on-line options.
- Work with the VEF board and Event Director to gather event details and speakers’ profiles for promotional materials.
- Develop promotional materials from VEF templates for social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram) and email marketing
- Develop and execute a basic marketing plan. Basic updates on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram before the launch of the events
- Create an event page on Eventbrite and LinkedIn
- Support the Event Director by coordinating a meeting with panellists and moderator for preparation and discussion
- Coordinate Lightning pitches with companies for each VEF event
- Prepare VEF materials for each event, registration desk & name badges, slide deck, presentations from the lighting pitches, q&a software (ie. Slido)
- Send a survey to event attendees and produce an event report at the end of each event for the VEF Board of Directors
- Monitor VEF’s email and coordinate bill payments with bookkeeper
- Google Drive organized and updated
- Website maintenance and updates
- Manage VEF memberships – renew existing members and recruit new members
- Ensure VEF’s sponsorship obligations are met around promised promotions, tickets
- Assist VEF Chairs with preparation for VEF Board Meetings
New Ventures BC
New Ventures BC (NVBC) is a non-profit society with a mandate of supporting and recognizing early stage technology start-ups in British Columbia. We run the annual $250,000 New Ventures BC Competition, and an accelerator program that offers education and mentorship to startups across BC.
We are a small organization seeking a self-directed, creative, and digitally savvy candidate to take on the marketing strategy and execution for the organization—this is an opportunity to work across all marketing touchpoints. A must is that you’re an excellent writer and have either experience or education working in digital marketing and content management.
Duties may include:
- Creating a measurable marketing communications strategy for NVBC’s programs
- Overseeing the execution of NVBC’s brand and maintaining brand assets
- Running successful ad campaigns on social media platforms and Google AdWords (experience with Google not-for-profit platform an asset)
- Developing and promoting digital content for our blog and newsletter
- Writing scripts for events and videos
- Working with PR firms and or creating promotional strategies for media
- Managing NVBC’s social media channels
- Basic video creation / editing for social media or YouTube
- Running webinars and/ or setting up streaming at events
- Creating promo graphics
- Web updates and maintenance, plus knowledge of best practices for managing assets
- Creating a digital image bank with a photographer of brand assets
- Assist in organizing and promoting NVBC seminars, events and our annual Awards Ceremony (requires some evening time)
Ideal qualifications for VEF and NVBC:
- 2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced environment, working on digital marketing projects, events, advertising, and/ or content management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education / business experience in marketing, digital marketing commerce.
- Excellent writing and editing skills—please link to your portfolio in your resume or cover letter
- Ability to collaborate but primarily be self-directed and take initiative as you will be working on a small team
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, social media tools (ie. Hootsuite, WordPress, Squarespace, Google AdWords) and ability to learn new software platforms.
- Basic to intermediate graphic design skills (experience with Canva an asset)
- Problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience working in a non-profit, government or tech industry an asset
How to apply
Applicants may apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their resume, cover letter and link to writing or digital campaign portfolio. We regret that we can only reply to those being considered for the position.
NVBC and VEF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants and we are committed to fair employment practices.
Deadline to apply: Thursday, September 1st, 2022