The ISI Grant Program Eligibility requirements have changed! We’re now open to both tech and non tech companies.
Growing your team this upcoming year? Whether you are a tech or non-tech company, you’re now eligible to hire a student with up to $10,000 in ISI Grants! The program has been extended and eligibility has expanded to allow non-tech companies to fill tech roles. Program extension runs from May 1, 2020 – April 30, 2021.
To qualify for an ISI Grant, you must be a BC based:
- Tech company or tech focused non-profit hiring for a business or tech role (same as before)
- Business or non-profit hiring for a tech role (new!)
You must also be able to provide entrepreneurial and skills training to the student (same as before)
Student eligibility has not changed. As always, your student:
- Is not a co-op student for the semester they would be receiving grant funding
- Is enrolled at an accredited BC post-secondary school or is taking one semester off (ie. summer)
- Can work part-time or full-time
- Can complete modules 1 and 2 of online Market Validation Training while at work
International students and students working on contract (rather than as employees) are eligible, so long as they meet the above requirements.
Grant applications are accepted on a rolling basis. We are now accepting applications applications Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. Approvals are quick: you can expect 2-4 weeks processing time.
Unsure if you qualify, don’t count yourself out. Email us at email@example.com.Apply