The Graphics, Animation and New Media Network of Centres of Excellence (GRAND) is holding a workshop at SFU on August 15th on Emerging Digital Media Technologies, Methodologies and Practices: Developer Solutions, Industry Needs and Approaches to Collaboration.
The workshop promises to provide a forum for the communication of research results and highlight the development of innovative graphics, animations and new digital media emerging from Canada’s research universities. In addition, the workshop offers industry an opportunity to network with researchers and a platform for future collaboration on key graphic, animation and digital media problems and needs.Attend the workshop if your are interested in:
- Gaining access to the latest digital media technologies;
- Working with an university or industry partner on a specific business or research problem;
- Starting a new digital media venture/start-up that builds on innovative and lead-edge gaming, animation, simulation and new media technologies;
- Obtaining information on funding and/or business and investment support through GRAND and other public and private sources;
- Networking with universities and/or national digital media specialists;
- Accessing university entrepreneurship incubators;
- Identifying future digital media employees and/or consultants;
- Understanding the IP transfer process;
- A free lunch
Register online to attend.