Have an early-stage startup ready for growth?
The Digital Marketing and Sales Mentorship program can help you accelerate your revenue and overcome barriers for growth.
Through educational webinars and personalized, weekly mentorship support, you’ll get the education and strategic direction you need to grow your revenue and business.
This initiative is delivered by New Ventures BC with funding support from the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP).
New Ventures BC’s services are supported in part by funding from the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP)
On-demand education mixed with 1:1 sales & marketing mentorship
Right from the beginning, you’ll receive access to webinars and one-to-one, weekly coaching sessions, customized to help you overcome obstacles and any barriers to growth.
By accessing our library of sales & marketing workshops, you’ll learn best practices and effective methods, all at your own pace.
Then, you can apply what you learned with your mentors.
After your mentorship is complete, you’ll have a few months to execute on what you’ve learned. Then, your mentor will follow up with two additional sessions to check on your progress and refine your sales plans as needed.
Experienced mentors to guide your path
Our mentors Rochelle Grayson and Peter de Verteuil head the program. They have been coaching startups for decades and are passionate about meeting you where you’re at.
Rochelle and Peter are experts at understanding your business and working with you to move your business forward. They will work with you to refine your:
- Sales, investor and venture pitch
- Pricing and packaging models
- CRM and operational processes
- Website marketing
- Target market personas
- Competitive market review
- Hiring for your sales and marketing teams
This is not an exhaustive list: personalized mentoring sessions are tailored to your sales and marketing needs.
Our mentors will deliver four live webinars for program participants.
You’ll also access our library of workshops at your own pace.
- Sales 101
- Sales Metrics
- Hiring for Sales
- Buyers, Motivations, Business Models & Pricing
- Supercharge your B2B Lead Generation
- Practical Tips & Tricks for B2B Content Marketing
- Optimize your website and landing pages
- Get B2B Leads using paid advertising
- Email Marketing: The B2B Marketing Workhorse
- Digital Marketing Analytics and Optimization
- Be a B.C.-based, incorporated business;
- Have less than 500 employees on payroll;
- Be referred by your NRC IRAP Industrial Technology Advisor (ITA). If you do not have an NRC IRAP ITA, you must first connect with NRC IRAP to discuss your eligibility for IRAP services;
- Have at least one person working on the venture full-time;
- Have a product in the market with paying customers (ideal: 8-10) and are generating revenue ($50K – $1.5M ARR and/or $7500 MRR) *You may still be considered if you are close to, but not at these numbers
The program will be online—join us from wherever you are.
Program fees & dates:
- $200 program fee per company
- Applications open: June 30, 2022
- Intake meetings: week of September 12, 2022
- Program starts: September 21, 2022
- Mentorship: weekly for 8 weeks until Nov, 2022
- Follow-up mentorship session #1: January, 2023
- Follow-up mentorship session #2: March, 2023
Ready to apply?
Request an “Expression of Interest” form from your ITA. It is highly recommended that you work with your ITA to fill out the form to ensure you are a good fit for the program and all requirements are met.
For questions about this program, contact us.
Meet your Mentors
Executive in Residence
Rochelle Grayson is currently a Digital Strategy and Social Media Consultant. Rochelle has worked with numerous women’s organizations over the last 11 years including the YWCA, Canadian Women in Communications and Women in Film (Vancouver and Germany). She has also worked with a number of non-profits in a fundraising capacity. For the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation’s “Awareness Day Fundraising Luncheon”, she raised over $200K. Rochelle has been on many Boards since 2009. Her appointments have been with global non-profit organizations, national industry associations, and world-class education institutions.
Rochelle has also worked with senior-level executives from a variety of organizations to build, grow and monetize online communities. Rochelle has been teaching Social Media Bootcamps & Strategy Sessions for 9 years. She has presented globally on how to leverage social media to achieve organizational goals and objectives. Rochelle holds an MBA in Finance and Business Policy from the University of Chicago. Rochelle is passionate about the benefits of movement and physical activity, especially for women as they age.
Peter de Verteuil
Executive in Residence
Peter has over 30 years of experience in Sales and Marketing management, Business Development, Corporate Strategy and Communications. Peter has held leadership positions in dynamic high-growth environments as well as large multinational organizations and has navigated change management through a number of corporate acquisitions. In roles of VP of Sales and VP of Strategy at SAP, Peter managed highly successful sales teams, and helped drive GTM Strategy & Planning for one of SAP’s leading growth divisions.
While VP of Marketing for Future Shop, Marketing Magazine named Peter one of Canada’s most influential marketers. Today Peter provides professional Business Development, Strategy, Sales, Marketing and Media consulting and advisory services to a wide spectrum of organizations, from startups to large enterprises.