From 2018-2021, New Ventures BC administered the Innovator Skills Initiative Grant Program which has helped to provide 897 student job placements across BC and awarded $3.4M in wage subsidies to startups.
This program has helped students to gain critical skills, training and job experience, all while helping companies in BC advance in their businesses. Read success stories.
ISI grant program fast stats
The program has helped students get into the tech industry and become inspired to start their own company in the future.
Over half of the students placed were hired on permanently:
- 57% of students were hired on after their placement
- Of those students not hired, 93% of companies intended to hire if a suitable position became available
- 21% of all grants were placed outside of the Lower Mainland
Program satisfaction of 96-97%
- 97% Company satisfaction for the program (rating 7/10+)
- 96% Student satisfaction for the program (rating 7/10+)
Almost all students acquired new skills through the program
- 97% of student participants acquired entrepreneurial skills
- 99% of student participants acquired industry skills
- 98% of student participants felt they would receive future job opportunities due to the grant
- 60% of student participants indicated that they’d like to start their own company in the future
- 95% of student participants plan to stay in BC, post graduation