BCIC-New Ventures Competition
The 2015 registration deadline has passed. Check out our news page for the latest NVBC competition news.
Ready to kickstart your business?
The BCIC-New Ventures Competition gives early-stage tech entrepreneurs education, mentorship, and exposure to help build a successful venture. Participants attend 12 education and networking events, work with mentors, and compete in 3 rounds of judging until 10 remain to compete for over $300,000 in cash & prizes.
Since 2001, our top companies have raised over $200 million dollars in financing and created more than 3100 jobs for British Columbians. More than 1,500 entrepreneurs, and many successful BC startups, have participated in the program. Each year, 150 business leaders donate their time to the competition as mentors and jury members.
Throughout the competition’s four rounds you will receive valuable feedback and opportunities to improve your idea and hone your strategy.
You and your team will:
- Learn from some of BC’s top business experts at our education seminars
- Network with well-connected professionals in business, law, finance, government and academia
- Receive advice and insight from mentors (Rounds 2.5 and 3)
- Pitch your condensed business plan to a panel of ‘angel’ investors, venture capitalists and industry experts (Round 4)
- Get a chance at over $300,000 in prize packages.
The BCIC-New Ventures Competition is open to any BC resident, team or business with an innovative technology product or service that has not yet secured significant financing from external investors (i.e. investors other than friends, family and company founders). Before entering, be sure to read the eligibility requirements.
Your $200 fee covers entry into the competition plus all of the business-education seminars and networking events for you and your team.
Still not sure you should register? Read these testimonials from past competitors.