- This event has passed.
Startup Sprint Day 1
April 15 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFREE
Day 1 of 2: 2023 Startup Sprint
April 15, 2023 | 9:00 - 5:00pm | SFU Segal Graduate School of Business
Join New Ventures BC Competitors and the BC tech community at SFU Segal School of Business for a day packed with startup essentials! Come for the whole day or stay for select seminars. Space is limited, be sure to register in advance.
9:00am - Registration
9:30-11:00am - Product/Market Fit
11:15am-12:30pm - Introduction to Pricing for Innovation
12:30-1:30pm - Lunch break (bring your own or visit a nearby restaurant)
1:30-2:15pm - Financial Models
2:30-3:15pm - Government Funding Programs and Non-dilutive Funding
3:30-5:00pm - The Business Case - What an Angel Really Wants
- Product/Market Fit - Dave Thomas, Partner, Rocket Builders & Lesley Duncan, Operations Director, SFU VentureLabs
- Introduction to Pricing for Innovation - Ibbaka (speaker TBA)
- Financial Models - Sean Hodgins, CPA, CA, Co-Founder, Tandem Innovation Group
- Government Funding Programs & Non-Dilutive Funding - Cynthia Shippam, Industrial Technology Advisor, NRC IRAP and Brianna Blaney, Co-founder & CEO, Pocketed
- The Business Case - What an Angel Really Wants - Mike Volker, Angel Investor & CEO, WUTIF Capital
Unable to attend in person?
We will have a livestream available.
This event is free for startups, competition participants, students & NVBC Community (sponsors, mentors & volunteers). For everyone else, tickets are $20.Register