- This event has passed.
Different ways of Protecting your IP when Licensing your Product
December 7, 2023 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join some of BC’s most prominent law firms for a look at “Different ways of Protecting your IP when Licensing your Product.“
Learn the basics plus:
- Licensing options and issues with a large, multinational partner
- Protecting your IP when Artificial Intelligence is integral to your product
- Entering international markets or exporting where local partners are integral to your business
This event will be of special interest to growth companies that need to make licensing decisions that impact their strategy for patenting, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets.
- Lesley Esford, SFU VentureLabs
- Roger Kuypers, Fasken
- Roni Jones, Oyen Wiggs
- Roch Ripley, Gowling WLG
- Miles Steininger, Perpetual Motion Patents
Date: December 7th – 3:00 – 5:00pm
- 3:00 – 4:00pm: Presentation and examples from senior members of local law firms
- 4:00 – 5:00pm: Office Hours begin – spend 20 minutes talking one-on-one with a presenter either in person or online
- There will also be an additional session at 4:00 pmon IP basics for early-stage companies, individuals and students
- The SFU VentureLabs holiday party will start at 4:30pm and those attending in person in Vancouver are invited to attend
How can you participate?
Vancouver guests can attend in person at SFU VentureLabs on 11th floor, 555 West Hastings Street in the Harbour Centre.
Victoria guests can attend in person at VIATEC at 777 Fort Street.
Can’t make it in person? Join via Zoom or watch the recording.
Who can attend?
This event is open to everyone, and companies from around the province are encouraged to attend. VIATEC in Victoria will host an in-person session, and Venture Labs will do the same in Vancouver. A Zoom link will be available.