The New Ventures BC Team
Angie is Program Director at New Ventures BC, responsible for delivering the BCIC-New Ventures competition and Venture Acceleration Programs.
Angie has over 10 years experience in the technology sector as a project manager, strategic communicator and market researcher. Previously, she led collaborative teams and oversaw game delivery at Radical Entertainment. She also developed and executed tech research projects for the New Media Innovation Center.
Angie holds a Master’s of Arts in Communication from SFU.
Jury Chair and Mentor “wrangler”
A Vancouver technology entrepreneur and angel investor, Bob de Wit is on the board of directors for New Ventures BC and serves as the jury and mentor “wrangler” for the BCIC New Venture competition. A co-founder and past-director of TIMIA Capital Corp., Bob’s 20-year career includes experience in corporate development, corporate finance and competitive market intelligence. An active member of the VANTEC angel network and the WUTIF angel fund, he previously founded the SFU Venture Connection entrepreneur-in-residence program.
Bob holds a BBA (marketing) and MA (economics) from Simon Fraser University. His personal interests include golf, recreational running and following professional sports, particularly hockey.
Rachel brings several years of marketing, communications and publishing experience to her role of Program Coordinator. She previously held digital marketing, communications, and editorial roles at Ipsos Reid, ICBC, and Room magazine. Rachel supports the online Venture Acceleration Program, the Innovator Skills Initiative grant program and the BCIC-New Ventures Competition.
Rachel holds a Bachelor of Arts from UBC and a Diploma in Publishing from Langara. Her personal interests include yoga and creative writing.
New Ventures BC Society Directors:
- Bob de Wit, CEO, Greater Vancouver Homebuilders Association
- Todd Farrell, President, entrepreneurship@UBC
- Elicia Maine, Professor, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Beedie School of Business at SFU
- Iain Mant, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- Richard Mockett, Partner, Ernst & Young Vancouver
- J. Brock Smith, Professor, Winspear Scholar, Peter B Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria
- Wal van Lierop, President and CEO Chrysalix Energy
- Michael Volker, Chair, TIMIA Capital Corp, CEO, WUTIF Capital, President, Keiretsu Forum and Principal Operator, Vancouver Angel Network, VANTEC