New Ventures BC (NVBC) is a non-profit society with a mandate of supporting and recognizing early stage technology start-ups in British Columbia. We run the annual $250,000 New Ventures BC Competition, and an accelerator program that offers education and mentorship to startups across BC.
We are excited to launch our Accelerate IP Program and are seeking program, administrative, and marketing coordination support to our small but mighty team.
We are looking for someone with a broad range of skills and enjoys variety in their day to day work. You’ll need to multi-task and context switch on a regular basis and ensure program and event deadlines are met.
The day to day of this role is remote first with the option to work from our office in downtown Vancouver. The nature of this role does require candidates to be able to oversee and attend in person events, including community networking events in order to promote our programs.
- Becoming familiar with program guidelines and components in order to respond to general inquiries.
- Application monitoring, communication, and applicant support. May involve initial application review.
- Educational cohort coordination and communication to various audiences.
- Coordinating online and in-person educational sessions, industry panels and other events.
- Drafting and coordinating communications to promote and complete outreach for programs and ensuring our community and partners are kept in the know. Communications include: Emails, newsletters, creating eventbrite pages, social media posts, and social sharing packages.
- Understanding how to market the program using brand and style guidelines.
- Updating our website to ensure content is current and up-to-date.
- Attending community and networking events in order to build relationships and promote our programs.
- Providing general admin support for other programs and initiatives as required. This may include tasks such as ensuring documents are filed and various data is entered and kept up to date.
Tools and programs:
- You’ll use digital tools such as GSuite, Dropbox, Teams, Campaign Monitor, Zoom, Monday.com, Slack as well as populate / update content in our LMS system and on WordPress.
- Experience using Survey Monkey Apply is an asset but not required.
- 3-5 years’ combined education and relevant experience in a fast-paced environment with experience in a tech company or in the tech community highly valued.
- Business or Marketing Degree/Diploma an asset.
- Online and in person event planning experience in coordinating speaker series, panel events, industries symposiums etc.
- Proven ability to multitask, context switch and stay organized in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Desire and ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a remote-first work environment.
- Experience in drafting communications for different channels and audiences.
- Experience working with government stakeholders and understanding the nature of government programs is an asset.
- Ability to understand complex guidelines and communicate them to applicants in a friendly and clear manner.
- Attention to detail in written communication.
- Bilingualism in French is not required but is an asset.
Compensation and work culture:
- Full time, 35-hour work week with half-day Fridays.
- 60-65K per year based on experience, plus 10% in lieu of benefits.
- We offer three weeks of vacation plus a closure between Christmas and New Years.
- This is a contract position, currently funded to Jan. 31, 2026, with the potential for extension, subject to funding availability.
- Due to the nature of events, some evening and weekend work will be required and will be compensated with time off in lieu.
- Our team members have a high degree of ownership. The role offers some flexibility for work hours with the focus on delivering what needs to be delivered to get the job done.
- While we expect this role to work independently, we will provide on-going support to ensure success.
- You’ll get to be an integral part of a fun, collaborative and cooperative team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work for an impact-driven organization that contributes to supporting the growth of early-stage tech companies.
How to apply
New Ventures BC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants and we are committed to fair employment practices.
Applicants may apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their resume, cover letter and link to writing or digital campaign portfolio. We regret that we can only reply to those being considered for the position.