The competition takes place over four successive, and increasingly complex rounds of elimination. By Round 4, only ten companies will remain in the running for over $300,000 in cash and prizes.
Round 1: The Idea
In Round 1, we’re just getting started. You’ll submit your registration and describe your business idea.
We want to know: what’s your unique technology? How does your business plan to make money? And practically speaking, we determine if you qualify for the competition.
Submission deadline: April 12 at 11PM.
- All eligible participants move on to Round 2.
- Round 2 participants announced in April.
Round 2 and 2.5: Feasibility Test
In Round 2, participants will demonstrate that their innovative tech business can generate revenue.
Each company submits a 6-page response to questions about their business idea. The purpose is to convince the jury that their idea is feasible.
Submission deadline: May 3 at 6PM.
- 25 companies move on to Round 3.
- Top 40 announced May 29. The top 15 placing teams move to Round 3 directly.
- The next 25 teams will get coaching from the Centre4Growth and 10 will pitch their way into Round 3.
- Top 25 announced June 22.
Round 3: Condensed Venture Plan
Many great successes have benefitted from help and support along their journey.
Submission deadline: August 2 at 6PM.
- 10 companies will move on to Round 4.
- Top 10 announced August 30.
Round 4: Finale
- Round 4 Top 10 Pitches: September 8 – 9.
- Winners announced on September 25 at the awards ceremony
Winners announced at our annual awards ceremony
All winners will be unveiled at the annual BCIC-New Venture Competition Awards Ceremony.
Who is eligible to enter?
The BCIC-New Ventures Competition was open to any BC resident, team or business with an innovative technology product or service. Companies cannot have raised more than $1,000,000 of financing.
For more information, check out the full eligibility requirements.
We’re always here to help. For questions about the contest, contact us.
For the comprehensive requirements for each round, please see the rules.