The New Ventures BC Team
Program Manager | 10+ Years
Angie is Program Manager at New Ventures BC, responsible for delivering the BCIC-New Ventures competition and Venture Acceleration Programs.
Angie has several years’ experience in the technology sector as a project manager, strategic communicator and market researcher. Previously, she led collaborative teams and oversaw game delivery at Radical Entertainment. She also developed and executed tech research projects for the New Media Innovation Center.
Angie holds a Master’s of Arts in Communication from SFU.
Jury Chair and Mentor “wrangler” | 20+ years
A Vancouver technology entrepreneur and angel investor, Bob de Wit is on the board of directors for New Ventures BC and serves as the jury and mentor “wrangler” for the BCIC New Venture competition. A co-founder and past-director of TIMIA Capital Corp., Bob’s 20-year career includes experience in corporate development, corporate finance and competitive market intelligence. An active member of the VANTEC angel network and the WUTIF angel fund, he previously founded the SFU Venture Connection entrepreneur-in-residence program.
Bob holds a BBA (marketing) and MA (economics) from Simon Fraser University. His personal interests include golf, recreational running and following professional sports, particularly hockey.
Rachel brings several years experience in marketing communications and publishing to her role as program coordinator. She supports the venture acceleration programs, the Innovator Skills Initiative program and the BCIC-New Ventures Competition.
Rachel holds a Bachelor of Arts from UBC and a Diploma in Publishing from Langara. Her personal interests include yoga and creative writing.
Jenessa is primarily responsible for overseeing the organization’s marketing and communications in her role as Program Assistant. This includes maintaining the website, writing blog posts, and engaging with our community on social media.
Jenessa is a Communication major and Publishing minor at Simon Fraser University, currently working with New Ventures BC on an eight month co-op placement.
New Ventures BC Society Directors:
- Bob de Wit, CEO, Greater Vancouver Homebuilders Association
- Todd Farrell, President, entrepreneurship@UBC
- Elicia Maine, Professor, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Beedie School of Business at SFU
- Iain Mant, Partner, Fasken Martineau
- Richard Mockett, Partner, Ernst & Young Vancouver
- J. Brock Smith, Professor, Winspear Scholar, Peter B Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria
- Wal van Lierop, President and CEO Chrysalix Energy
- Michael Volker, Chair, TIMIA Capital Corp, CEO, WUTIF Capital, President, Keiretsu Forum and Principal Operator, Vancouver Angel Network, VANTEC