Six months of competition came to an end last night as the winners of the 11th annual BCIC-New Ventures Competition were announced in Vancouver. From this year’s 178 applicants, top prizes were awarded to a polyurethane waste recycling system, a universal consumer loyalty network for the mobile age and a mineral sensing technology developed for the mining industry.
The 2011 BCIC-New Ventures Competition Winners are:
- $130,000 BCIC first-prize – Polymer Research Technologies
- $70,000 BCIC second-prize – RewardLoop
- $40,000 BCIC third-prize – MineSense Technologies Ltd
- $40,000 BC Hydro Sustainability prize – Awesense Wireless Inc.
- $20,000 B.C. Bioenergy Network prize – Diacarbon Energy Inc.
- $15,000 Vancity Social Venture prize – FundRazr
- $30,000 Shildroth Agritech Innovation first prize – GreenScene AgriTek Inc.
- $20,000 Shildroth Agritech Innovation second prize winners – Diacarbon Energy Inc and KOK Technologies (Due to a tie, each company will receive $10,000 each)
Congrats to all the finalists and winners. For those of you that missed last night’s Awards Ceremony, check out Giant Ant Media’s video montage on the finalists.